FAQ - Entity Builder
What are Skills?
Skills are things your character is good at doing. In some games, such as 3.5, 5e, or Pathfinder, there is a defined list of skills from which you choose, while in other games a keyword system is used.
Here are some tips for working with Skills in City of Brass:
- When you make a Skill roll from your Sheet, the dice indicated in Dice are rolled and the value of Calculated Bonus is added to the roll.
- If your Core Rules selection (from Details), has default skills, you can add them quickly using the +Core Skill option.
You will see the +Core Skill option only if your character does not already have all the Core Skills added. The following rulesets have Core Skills:
- 3.5 Edition
- 5th Edition
- d20 Future
- d20 Modern
You can freely edit Core Skills after you add them to your character.
Calculating the Calculated Bonus
The following elements are added together to determine your Calculated Bonus:
- Anything in Ranks is added to your Calculated Bonus.
- If you click Class Skill, the Class Skill Bonus, from Base Values, is added to your Calculated Bonus.
- If you click Proficient, the Proficiency Bonus, from Base Values, is added to your Calculated Bonus.
- If you select an Ability Score, the Ability Scores Modifier is added to your Calculated Bonus.